Are you tired of low website conversion rates on your WooCommerce website?
Did you know that the average conversion rate for e-commerce sites is between 1% and 4%? That means, increasing the conversion rate by even 1% or 2% can double your sales.
Want to learn how? Then this article is for you.
There are 4 ways any e-commerce store can boost its e-commerce conversion rates to multiply sales including:-
- Increasing the number of people visiting your product/website
- Improving conversion rate from existing traffic/visitors
- Increase average order value
- Increase the lifetime value of customers
In our previous article, we discussed conversion rate optimization (CRO) for WooCommerce stores in depth.
Today, we will explore what factors may be affecting your conversion rates and discuss how BizBlaze can help you optimize your WooCommerce website for more conversions in 2024.
By implementing the tips mentioned in this guide, you can take your WooCommerce conversions to the next level. Consider this as a no-nonsense guide to 5x your WooCommerce conversions.
And just like that let’s get started.
4 Ways To Optimize Your Woocommerce Website To Increase Conversions
Increasing the number of people visiting your product/website
When you attract more qualified traffic to your website, you’re more likely to convert them into leads and sales.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the process of improving your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). In simpler terms, it’s making your website more visible to people who are searching for your products or services online.
Organic traffic is highly dependent on your SEO elements both on-page and technical. Quality SEO provides higher SERP ranks and helps owners reach a larger number of potential customers for free.
On-page optimization includes page titles and meta descriptions, headings and subheadings, Image optimization, and Internal linking.
Here are some actionable tips to help with it:-
- Start by writing clear and concise titles and descriptions that accurately reflect your page content and include relevant keywords.
- Use H1, H2, and H3 tags to structure your content and make it scannable.
- Use descriptive filenames and alt tags for your images to improve search engine visibility.
- Link relevant product pages and blog posts to each other to improve website navigation and user experience.
Technical SEO consists of factors like mobile friendliness, site speed, and structured data.
Some easy-to-implement actionable tips to optimize your website include:-
- Ensure your website adapts seamlessly to different screen sizes and devices, especially mobile.
- Mobile users are even more sensitive to slow loading times, so prioritize optimizing your website for mobile performance.
- Implement schema markup to provide search engines with richer information about your products and website, which can lead to richer search results.
2. Ad Campaigns
Using ads can be a powerful tool to drive targeted traffic to your website and boost your online presence.
Here are some effective ways to leverage different ad formats to achieve your goals:
- Search Ads:
Pay-per-click (PPC) ads on platforms like Google Ads and Bing Ads allow you to bid on specific keywords relevant to your target audience. When users search for those keywords, your ad appears at the top of search results pages (SERPs). You only pay when someone clicks on your ad, making it a cost-effective way to reach interested visitors.
Remarketing ads target users who have previously interacted with your website, reminding them of your brand and encouraging them to return. It’s a great way to re-engage lapsed visitors and increase conversions.
- Social Media Advertising:
Platform-specific ads like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter offer powerful ad targeting options based on demographics, interests, and online behavior. This allows you to reach a highly relevant audience with your message.
Partnering with relevant influencers in your niche can help you reach a wider audience and build trust through their recommendations. Sponsored posts or product placements can be effective ways to drive traffic to your website.
- Display Advertising:
Banner ads are visual ads displayed on other websites or apps. They can be effective for brand awareness and driving traffic, but targeting can be less precise than other ad formats.
- Video Advertising:
Pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll ads appear before, during, or after video content on websites or streaming platforms. They can be impactful for grabbing attention and driving traffic, especially if the video content is relevant to your target audience.
3. Content Marketing
Create content targeted to your specific audience’s interests and challenges. This attracts qualified visitors who are already interested in what you offer, improving the likelihood of conversion. Experiment with different content formats like blog posts, videos, infographics, or podcasts to cater to various learning styles and preferences, expanding your reach and attracting a wider audience.
To get started you can:-
- Plan out your content strategy by defining your target audience, content goals, and preferred formats to create a focused and effective content strategy.
- Prioritize creating high-quality, well-researched content that resonates with your audience over churning out frequent but low-impact pieces.
- Actively promote your content through social media, email marketing, guest blogging, or paid advertising to reach a wider audience and maximize its impact.
Bonus Tip: Remove low-performing content analyzed using Hotjar, optimize regularly for relevant keywords, and ensure SEO best practices are being followed.
Improve Website Conversions from Existing Traffic(Conversion Rate Optimization)
By understanding your visitors’ behavior and making data-driven tweaks to their experience, CRO helps you bridge the gap between “browsing” and “buying.” CRO goes beyond numbers, diving into qualitative research like heatmaps and A/B testing. This lets you see how users navigate your site, highlighting confusing layouts, hidden buttons, or unclear messaging.
Here are some ways to perform conversion rate optimization:-
1. Reduce Checkout Friction
If your checkout process from product selection to payment is not 3 steps or is more than that then something needs to change. When potential customers reach the stage of finalizing their purchase, they should not get irritated with multiple steps for completion, more than 3 steps will increase abandoned purchases significantly.
For starters, you can:-
- Make the number of steps for purchase to 3 or less. Adding a product to a cart shouldn’t disrupt customers’ experience.
Bonus: An additional ‘checkout as a guest user’ option improves sales significantly, as it removes all the friction present in the need and solution exchange. Implement a checkout option for all new users allowing them to complete their purchases without registering by asking for only the necessary info.
2. Improve User Experience (UX)
Think of it this way: A well-designed website is intuitive and easy to navigate, minimizing confusion and frustration. This reduces friction points that might lead users to abandon their purchase before completion.
Simplifying the checkout process by reducing the number of steps and offering guest checkout can increase conversion rates by up to 35%.
To understand whether or not your website offers a smooth UX, try asking yourself these questions:-
- Are all your products and categories easily accessible to viewers using a search bar, menu, and category sections on the homepage?
- Are your main pages like Home, About, Contact, and Resources interlinked to product pages using prominent CTAs?
If the answer is no, you can try the below tips:-
- Easy accessibility of all products and categories will help convert more potential customers by removing search friction from customer journeys. So you can add products and categories sections on the home page, add a site-wide fuzzy search bar, and link products and categories with a detailed menu on the navigation bar.
- A webpage with good internal linking and prominent CTAs assists viewers in completing their purchase journeys. Ensure relevant internal linking between all the different pages, add purchase-related CTAs covering the complete customer journey, and make your CTAs prominent.
3. Incorporate Smart Selling Tactics
Smart selling isn’t about being pushy or manipulative. It’s about building relationships, providing value, and making the conversion process a win-win for both you and your customers. By incorporating these tactics into your CRO strategy, you can create a compelling experience that builds trust, drives conversions, and ultimately leads to sustained business growth.
Below are some smart selling tactics that you can implement right off the bat-:-
- Exit-intent pop-ups be it with a generic discount or a specific mid-purchase offer, are a critical element of CRO in eCommerce.Implement discounted pop-ups that show up on every exit intent interaction, persuading viewers with a benefit to complete their purchase.
- Countdown timers can be a powerful tool for boosting conversions in eCommerce by creating a sense of urgency and scarcity. The ticking clock visually reinforces that a deal or offer won’t last forever, prompting visitors to act quickly. People are more likely to purchase if they feel they might miss out on a good opportunity. The pressure of a deadline can push hesitant shoppers to make a decision and complete their purchase.
4. Abandon Cart Recovery
Do you offer multiple payment methods, covering all popular methods for your region or country? Do you follow the security and legal obligations of your region or country?
A lot of people seem to ignore this basic yet critical aspect. Without popular payment gateways, owners tend to lose a huge number of potential purchases leading to high abandoned carts.
To make sure you don’t miss out on these customers, you can:-
- Provide multiple payment options, including local payment options.
- Use trusted and secure payment gateway providers only.
5. Email Marketing
Do you have a personalized cart abandonment retargeting email and SMS automation system? An automated and personalized retargeting system can help recover up to 90% of all abandoned carts or failed purchases.
If you haven’t yet, consider:-
- Setting up personalized emails, SMSs, and Ad automation to be sent if a cart is abandoned, with retargeting discounts, timers, and more.
Increase Average Order Value (AOV)
Imagine you have 100 conversions at an AOV of $10 each, generating $1,000 in revenue. If you can increase your AOV to $15 while maintaining the same number of conversions, you’ll see a jump in revenue to $1,500 – a 50% increase without attracting any new customers!
Here are some strategies to increase AOV:-
Bundling is a powerful strategy to increase Average Order Value (AOV) in e-commerce by combining multiple products into a single package at a discounted price. Customers often perceive bundles as offering better value than buying items individually, even if the total price is the same. The combined value of the products in the bundle seems higher than the sum of their prices.
Are you highlighting your product thumbnails and bundles with catchy offers, ratings, labels, etc using badges or ribbons? Exclusive highlights on product thumbnails make a significant impact on customer engagement and purchase decision-making.
To help with it you can:-
- Use a plugin to add relevant badges and ribbon highlighting on your product thumbnails on all the pages, It can be as simple as a bestseller or an exclusive discount.
2. Upsell and cross-sell
Do you offer similar products and upgrades on relevant product pages and the Cart page?
Upsell and cross-sell tactics help eCommerce stores match more customer needs mid-purchase to sell and earn more without interrupting purchase flows and journeys.
To help with this you can:-
- Display links to products you can cross-sell or upsell.
- Display products you can upsell and cross-sell depending on the products in the cart.
- Give all the information needed so they do not have to navigate, along with a way to easily add it to the cart.
Increase Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
1. Subscriptions and Memberships
Memberships and subscriptions satisfy both the owners and the customers. They provide customers a nease of purchase combined with exclusive benefits, helping owners earn recurring revenue.
To help with it, you can:-
- Implement membership or subscription purchase options on bestselling products or to repeat buyers.
- You can also offer membership benefits to regular customers.
2. Loyalty/Referral programs
Do you run targeted, exclusive campaigns for your regular customers and repeat purchasers?
Loyalty programs are a great way to maintain and grow repeat purchases, they offer exclusive discounts, benefits, and credits on successful purchases, persuading them to repurchase in the future.
To get started, you can:-
- Craft a loyalty program and implement a system of collecting and redeeming credits.
- Make the rewards available for repeat purchasers only and for a limited period.
Are you ready to boost your WooCommerce website conversions?
So there you have it – 4 powerful ways BizBlaze wields to transform your WooCommerce website from a sleepy storefront into a bustling conversion haven. Forget stagnant sales and meager visitor engagement, for with BizBlaze, you’re poised to ignite a conversion boom and witness your profits multiply by 5x.
Remember, conversion optimization is a continuous journey, not a one-off destination.
If implemented carefully, all of the above tactics WILL multiply your website conversions by 5x.
Now optimizing your entire website can seem straight-up overwhelming.
So if you need help, you can explore growth services where we will run a full website audit, identify gaps in the current sales growth strategy, and optimize your site to give you more returns.
So what are you waiting for?
Start your sales growth journey today!
Hope this article was helpful! I’ll see you in the next one.